Trials Central Trial 2006

Andy

Would You Go?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Go?

• Wouldn't Miss It
    • If The Missus Lets Me
    • Nah, not for me

A number of people asked me at the Scott what my plans were for a Trials Central Trial in 2006. We had a very successful get-together in 2004 courtesy of Bradford & District, but that was when the site was relatively new and still quite small.

Since 2004 the site has exploded and the workload, along with my world round involvement left me unable to sort something out for 2005. However, I'm keen to see this resurrected for 2006 and to become a firm annual event. I'm also keen to take it on tour with different Clubs hosting it throughout central UK.

The emphasis for this is very much on a social event designed to bring Trials Central users together. For those who weren't members of this site in 2004, it was a weekend of camping, barbecues, good banter, FAR too much beer and with a nothing-too-serious Trial on the Sunday. Details and photos from that event here

I'm looking to start planning '06 as soon as possible to make sure it actually happens so, to gauge initial interest, please (UK members only!) use the poll above.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i definatly would go but just depends on where it is.

It's always going to be relatively central to the UK for folk travelling. Not necessarily Yorkshire, but as that's where Trials is most prevalent it has to be within easy travelling distance from there.

I might, as a Scotsman, consider running a seperate one in Scotland hosted by a Scottish Club if there was demand and Club(s)willing to host it, but that would be over and above this.

Anthills ? Snakes i never got told about this when signing up to be a member :) . Hehe

Yeah excelent then i would deffinatly be able to go if it was here at low north. Theres room for tents and caravans , like when the 2day is on , but would it be alowed by the club ?

Edited by Lew-GasGas

Yeah excelent then i would deffinatly be able to go if it was here at low north. Theres room for tents and caravans , like when the 2day is on , but would it be alowed by the club ?

I know at least a couple of the committee members read TC reguarly and are aware of what Andy's doing with the youth development scheme. It would be the perfect venue but I'm not sure that Scarborough's very central! Easy to reach from the north but a bit of a bugger from the south...

If it could be run as a two or three day event then I'd hope folk would be up for travelling. There was a low turn out at the last one which was a real shame bearing in mind all who said they were coming. Both myself and Bigfoot travelled from the north east of Scotland, a journey of around 7-8 hours each way. Andy and HL travelled almost as far. Most people in England would have to travel much less than that.