260 Seat For My 2016 300Rr

desmo_kid

Thanks, I did not realize folks routinely sat on the plastic.  What kind of distance would the road work be in these events?  Several miles or shorter? I did not know there would be road riding involved in a "real" event.  

When you say that trials riders used their bikes as regular transportation, do you mean the older style with conventionally placed gas tanks and seats, or did they also do that with the current style without seats? 

Some trials involving road work might well involve stretches of a few miles at a time, but in the SSDT this could extend to, I'd guess, 60-70 road miles in a day. I speak from a British point of view, doubt whether USA trials involve roadwork?

I was thinking back to the old days of "proper" tanks and seats when I mentioned commuting by trials bike, but I do know of one or two who choose to do so on occasion on a modern trials bike, simply because it's so much quicker across town due to filtering past stationary traffic.

Edited by cleanorbust