Spark Issue

embrelleur

Based on my experience I would not suggest NOS. Whilst it hasn't been used and heated/cooled etc it's still forty years old and might possibly be subject to deterioration (or not), who knows how it has been stored these decades. A good rewind will be guaranteed to work and keep working.

I updated my location, I'm from Quebec, Canada. 

Before trying to source or rewind a source coil, I will try with the points, condenser and ignition coil I ordered and do a hard ground. I checked my source coil with an ohm meter and it seemed within specs. But such low impedance are hard to measure with a cheap multimeter. 

If the source coil was to be faulty I would try to have it rewound by an electric motor shop I think

Lots of good pointers here and all valid. Check the condition of the wire from the points which can often become hard and brittle and will need replacing if this is the case. Sometimes you can purchase new OEM points which come with a sort of "Teflon" coating which NEEDS to be file

off!

Tony