Bearings

streetelitealex

Get a flat blade screwdriver in from the other side and bash it out. If you can get a little bit of movement, ease it out at the other edge so it comes out sort of even. They normally pop out OK. Dunno if this is the recommended method (probably not) but you only wreck the bearings and they're chucked away anyway. Oh and possibly the screwdriver ;)

I usually knock them back in by laying a block of wood on top of them.

I'm going to get ear ache for this one aren't I :D;)

got it sorted. just drilled the rivets out of the bearing race, jimmied all the balls out then pulled the inner race out, then removed the bearing spacer and then just bashed away. job done. also replaces his trans fluid while i was at it but first ride i p****d out every where. it would appear he has a cracked case. bugger!!

Get a flat blade screwdriver in from the other side and bash it out.

:P;):D;)

Warm the hub with a hairdryer or hot air blower and use an expandable drift from the other side, or use a bearing puller. The Hub is not very strong and can easily get damaged if the bearing isnt drifted squarely.

When replacing them if you warm the Hub again and put the bearing in the fridge the bearing should virtually fall in when fitted. Leave it for a few minutes after you have put it in to climatize.

Get a flat blade screwdriver in from the other side and bash it out.

:P;):D;)

Warm the hub with a hairdryer. The Hub is not very strong and can easily get damaged if the bearing isnt drifted squarely.

Thought there might be a more appropriate engineering method :)

What the fe<k would the likes of you or I be doing with a hairdryer :D

www.rypusa.com Ryan has a very trick set of little bushing and bearing tools made just for the sherco's. One of them is a precision drift that reaches in and sits on the land of the spacer tube, drives the first side bearing out in a flash. Makes this task very easy.

https://secure.rypusa.com/prodpage.cfm?cat_...d=96&startrow=1

Heating and cooling are also a big help as well, but I usually just reach in and pop them out and tap the replacements back in at room temperature unless they are extremely tight.

Edited by Alan Bechard