Endouro Cross

brian r

Stealing the idea from the other thread.

We've talked about a trials bike with a seat for comfort on the loop

and trail riding. What about a serious competition machine based on a trials bike

used for endouro cross. Something similar to the Montesa with the seat in another thread.

Of course it has to be convertable back to a trials only machine. Probably needs

a little bigger tank too. The seating position needs to be set up for competition though and not necessarily comfort (maybe height adjustable).

Brian that's a top drawer idea ! I couldn't agree with you more.

I believe the trials world needs to go one step farther and make a rule that trials bikes must have a minimum tank size of one gallon and a real useable seat. That way trials bikes could be used again for trail bikes and sold to the general motorcycle population again.

I also believe that Geoff would win the Endurocross going away on a trials bike.

Glad to have you back from the Swirling Vortex of Planet Manyourgone, Beave, and this is why. You crack me up.

On what planet, and how many light years from now would a Trials bike be able to take a beating like pro level Endurocross, for an entire evening of competition? If you, oops, I mean Geoff Aaron rode it that hard and fast for the same amount of time, over the same course, at the end of the night he would have to scoop up the pieces with a snow shovel and throw them in the back of the truck with the rest of the empty beer cans. The bike would "Yard Sale" itself all over the arena floor.

If you did all the right modifications to a Trials bike to make it competitive, it would look and act suspiciously like a CRF 250, but would cost a fortune.

Don't forget... you must get over the obstacles... FAST!

VERY FAST!!!

:rolleyes::unsure::lol::)