99 Gas Gas Clutch

nitjay - hrc

I ve been out all day on my bike, and when i started to get tired, i noticed i couldnt operate the clutch very well as my first finger was really knackered.

It felt uncomfortable all day, ive been trying to adjust the lever but cant get it right, i have to reach too far to reach the lever, which tires my finger really quickly.

I know i can bring it closer by doing up the little screw that stops the lever from going away from the bike, but if i do that, then the clutch becomes slightly engaged which is not good, ive got quite hefty clutch lever and the clutch has a lot of spring in it (it pings back with a bit of force)

I was wondering how to adjust it so that the lever is a bit closer but its not engaging the clutch, its so annoying as at the end of the day i cant do things because i cant operate the clutch properly. Also if levers themselves will make much different as the newer bikes seem to have little flimsy ones on there, will it be better to get short levers or longer ones? If you look at them on BVM can you recommend any?

Thanks

Dom

Edited by Nitjay - HRC