Broke My Clamps

dman

Well I was going up this steep angled slab the other day and didn't quite make it to the top. Tire spun... No spotters... I jumped and flattened myself out on the ground and bike galloping towards the earth.

Damage?

1.) two broken tie wraps for my fender

2.) lost most of the top chunk of the handlebar clamp on the right side. Bike still ridable and was able to get back to the truck. Wobbly steering. :P

I'm pretty sure the bars are not bent, but be warned all GG riders that those black clamps are kinda weak and I'm glad mine snapped when I wasn't going fast or on the bike. Replace them as soon as possible.

Though I'm proud of the survivability of my fender and misc parts.

1.) fender sideways (only attached by one bolt in the seat) and was bent down into the wheelwell but I just pulled it out and all it needs is some new zip ties and its fine for many more rides to come.

2.) bars didn't snap; glad we have those fattys on there

3.) rest of the bike had no scratches or anything even though it did some gymnastics on the way down

I've seen other bikes like shercos and betas that snap fenders rather easily, but any GG seems to just come loose and flop about. Good on GG for that design.

Only weak point is those clamps. :hl:

Edited by Dman