'84 / '85 Fantic 300 Mk 2 Twin Shock info.

fourex

As above, from what I've read in forums and some modern day magazine's it appears the mk2 was a limited edition model to fill the gap before their monoshock was ready to hit the market and also  a tribute to Frenchman Michaud who won the SSDT in '84 and finished a close 2nd in the World title that same year, which would explain the white shrouds with blue and red stripes.

Can anyone say with any certainty what was different over the original red shrouded 300. Obvious things that I'm aware of are the white shrouds, relocated chain tensioner and lack of a rear frame hoop, but I've also heard of things like relocated foot pegs, different porting and steepened fork angle, did they also come with a Mikuni carb?  

Was there ever any official announcement from Fantic about this mk2 version? Many questions I know, just trying to educate myself on this rare model.

Edited by fourex

• 5 months later...

• 1 year later...

Hi all new to forum , having bought a 300 Fantic basket case 20 years ago ,missing carb , shocks and various bolts , the bike looks like it had a hard life ,still in basket .

always wondered why the frame had no back loop , researched forums and think it’s a mk 2 , Ducati ignition and chain tensioner on swing arm . It has red plastics .not sure on foot peg position . But front axle to swing arm pivot centres 875 mm .the bike is in Australia and did not think many 300 ,s came out here ,it was the end of eurotreads Fantic importing . Will post frame number when back home .any information appreciated .