Fan Died

pnut

:D i have a 315r and noticed yesterday that the fan is not turning. i have absolutely no mechanical knowledge so could anyone advise any basic checks to carry out before i get proper help ....... sorry im so stupid

hi. not sure how it works on your particular bike but on most of them you can bypass the thermostat to narrow down the search for the culprit.

just join the 2 wires that connect to the thermostat and see if the fan kicks in (while bike is running).if not and you have checked all other wire conections for damage or corroision,then it could be the fan motor it self or a couple of other parts such as regulators and rectifiers but that will mean testing the fan motor with another power sorce and other checks of the system with a mutimeter.

good luck

If you look at your radiator there shold be 2 wires which go into

the thermostat. Then remove these wires and then connect them together using a piece of wire.When you kick the bike over with the wires connected the fan should turn, if it does turn then it is the thermostat which is to fault.If the fan does not turn then it is more than likely that the fan motor has packed in.But before you do this just check that all the wires are in place correctly incase it is just a loose wire that is at fault.I had the same problem with my beta but it turned out that I had forgotten to connect some wires after fitting a kill switch. :D