Chain Adjuster Problems

neumy

Has anyone had problems with the chain adjusters on a Sherco?

Last ride, I noticed on my 2002 290 the chain seemed to be loose. So when I checked it at home tonight, I found the chain adjuster portion on the left swingarm is worn off. It is normally just a raised part of the swingarm that the snail adjuster piece sits against. All that is left is a small lip the snail adjuster piece is sitting against.

Does anyone have any suggestions on fixing it? Though of two potential solutions. Firstly, welding a bead for the adjuster to sit against (aluminum welding). Secondly, drill and tap a bolt into the swingarm for the snail adjuster to sit against (similar to my old Scorpa).

Thought? Experiences?

post-96-1135304496.jpg

Dave, My chain was not too tight (about one finger between swingarm and tensioner). My adjuster on this side raised up slightly after a few months of use. It just required measuring each side when adjusting the chain. The adjuster was good until my last rides when I noticed the chain going slack.

It think I will be going with the bolt route.