2016 4rt chain and adjustment

grant hay

Hi , 

Looking to replace the chain on my 4rt as its seen better days and nearly at the end of its adjustment with the allen bolts still in forward holes for snail adjusters in swingarm.

It has been running out of adjustment and has worn the chain tensioner block so time for a new block and a new chain, sprockets are good.

Can anyone recommend a chain or tell me what link the chain should be ? I have 10/41 gearing so not sure if its stock or not , something tells me it should be 100 link ?

Finally , a really schoolboy question and almost embarrassed to ask , can people tell me the best way to check the chain adjustment ? the manual says to disconnect the tensioner spring then measure 35 mm , is this just 35mm deflection from the centre of chain to the bottom of swingarm ? I have seen most other 4rts where the chain tensioner block has around 20-30mm clearance between the top of it and the lower part of swingarm , is this another gauge for chain tension ?

can anyone clarify how to adjust or how they check it ?

any help greatly appreciated 

Thanks

Grant