2004 Sherco 250 Pivot Bearing Replacement

Madyaker

Hi All,

I have just brought a 04 250 Sherco and it needs a bit of work to get it rocking and rolling!

i think I am going to start by replacing all the swing arm pivot bearing coz they feel like a bag of washing!

any advice before I start?

Any good guidance documents on this?

Before you take the bike apart thoroughly check the frame for cracking or signs of misalignment. Bearing in mind you think the rear suspension linkage is worn does the bike stand straight....rear wheel in line with the front... use a good straight edge. If you think the rear linkage is with you may also find the head bearings are on their way out to. Take photos of everything before you take anything apart, mark any spacers, shims, washers with permanent marker pen and number items so that you know where they go atvrebuild time. Go to the Sherco specific pages and you will find the guidance needed and plenty of advice??

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys, I have got the swing arm all off ok, not all the bearings need replacing but defo needed cleaning & grease. I am guna do the shock bearings, large dog bone bearings & replace the bushes.

Any advice on getting the old bearings out/in the dog bones, I have heard stuff about heating & freezing parts????

58 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

Thanks guys, I have got the swing arm all off ok, not all the bearings need replacing but defo needed cleaning & grease. I am guna do the shock bearings, large dog bone bearings & replace the bushes.

Any advice on getting the old bearings out/in the dog bones, I have heard stuff about heating & freezing parts????

https://youtu.be/TX8QC4rmZJM ..............You can pull the bearings out and in using a suitable sized bolt with its sized nut along with suitably sized sockets in order to allow movement of the bearing through the hole in the link arm or on the shock eye or other bearing housing such as the one under the swing arm etc

Edited by oni nou