Keihin Carb

n.wales_sherco_lad1

I have not tried to install one on the 1.25, but I have on the 2.9 and there is a clearance problem with the bowl hitting the engine case. It barely fits the 2.9 and a bit of fancy trimming may be neccessary to make things fit properly.

On the 1.25, there is not as much room to work with as the intake sits lower and I cannot see how it will fit properly as I am sitting here spying the two next to each other.

Nor have I heard of anyone doing it, as the stock 26mm seems sufficient for the motor.

The 2.9 header pipe is more commonly used, i believe , to help extract a bit more power although I can tell you that I have done that on the wifes bike and I cannot tell much difference. Of course I am not a WTC jr class rider and do not operate casually at 6000 rpm. I do leave the pipe on there so when I ride the bike it will GLH! Fun to ride!

MC :rolleyes:

it does fit but the bottom of the carb needs filing off so it doesn't hit the casing.But the 125 doesn't need a keihin as the 28mm carb is too big.This is info from Paxau the Sherco main technician.it is not me trying to put you off!Believe me that guy knows what he is talking about!