Bou Mania

tordijarres

Just got home from The Hallam Arena (Sheffield)- what a night! The best Shefield for years- even though Doug didn't make the final

Bou was the moral and actual (thank god) winner - those team-tactics from Gas Gas sucked.

Still can't quite believe how Bou managed to ride the "race barrels" so fast. I've seen them done on the back wheel plenty of times- but not at warp speed- sensational!

Marc Vinco was also fantastic entertainment and allowed the commentators the quality line of "Well, we've seen it done on a push-bike" (before the 3 finalists were about to attempt the Q8 Oils section in the final)

Fantastic night, and I wouldn't bet against Bou for either world championship based on that performance- he can clearly hold his nerve, and above all, he's on the right bike.. a Beta Rev3!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

allowing raga to beat fajardo in the races but what an awesome ride by the young spaniard very very impressed and the speed he did them barrels was sensational dunor how he did it but it wer god damn good cant wait for the pictures to come out their guna b mint overall very good night with lots to watch including the great marc vinco on the pushbike :D

what tactics did gas gas try?

In the final, after section 4, they had a race off, obviously the finalists were

Fajardo - Gas Gas

Raga - Gas Gas

Bou - Beta

They had 3 races,

Fajardo vs Raga

Fajardo vs Bou

Raga vs Bou

Fajardo and Raga didn't race, Fajardo let Raga win, thus giving Raga an advantage over Bou, as they both properly raced Bou.

Raga got a few boo's in the end and I'm well chuffed he got what he deserved and threw it away on section 10.

Crosswaite was shouting for Bou over the microphone, how funny!!

Edited by arturner51

great night .nail biting finish .sad to not have dougie in the final but what a star bou was .the only rider to ask the crowd for support (in the middle of a section) and did they give it.the whole place was shouting tony-tony at the end .wondered if the guy taking the photo's in the red t shirt,blue waist coat was mr grieg???? anybody know

great night .nail biting finish .sad to not have dougie in the final but what a star bou was .the only rider to ask the crowd for support (in the middle of a section) and did they give it.the whole place was shouting tony-tony at the end .wondered if the guy taking the photo's in the red t shirt,blue waist coat was mr grieg???? anybody know

The atmosphere was the best I've seen at Sheffield at the end. The noise on the Arena floor was absolutely unbelievable. Everywhere I looked folk were on their feet at the end cheering. Typical British "support the underdog" stuff - none of this booing foreign riders like you see in some countries :D The whole place was behind him.

PS. I was in the red fleece with the old TC logo on it - not got stuff made up with the new logo yet.

Aye i agree with all of you all respect to the top 3 riders , especially well done to Bou excellent ride , i think Raga could have tried a bit better on the last section when he just gave up and lost five points he could have got up that in 3 ? Any way excellent night great atmosphere never been before and it was awesome.

I did see you Andy with your TC fleece on :D over near the logs i was on the second row , shame those score card girls didnt come over very much but from what i saw was pretty nice :beer:

An amazing night, best Sheffield I've been to possibly even better than the years that Dougie won! The noise towards the end was incredible. Bou's qualifying lap was just awesome to watch - I've no idea how he managed to stay on the bike after that massive jump out of the rocks section!

I don't think Raga wasn't trying on the waterfall, Lew... I think that once he and Fajardo had played the team game on the race and the crowd really got behind Bou, the pressure started to get to him and he blew it, plain and simple.

They've got to let Tony ride the entire series now, haven't they?

I think Raga could have tried a bit better on the last section when he just gave up and lost five points he could have got up that in 3 ?

Nah mate, I was sat next to the waterfall section, he properly got into a situation and as soon as both his feet were down there was no way back from where he was, he was shouting at himself and I thought he was gonna cry :D

:beer:

He was definitely trying!!

what a great nights entertainment,It would have been nice though to see them all ride 2 strokes, and then it is just about ability and not the bike, shaun and james did fantastic as usual, the gas gas tactics did them no favours whatsoever and the right man won, even better that he was on a BETA.

Shaun and James had a real good go, despite the relative lack of support compared to the spaniards! Proves how hard the sections were as shaun fived everything and had one clean. I thought dougie was making mistakes that a few years ago, he would never had done? Bou was unbelievable (obviously!). I would have paid the entrance fee just to watch him alone!, very neat, confident, unreal skill. to come out straight after shaun and james to go around on five......! :D

The Gasgas race fix was harsh on bou and it really annoyed the whole crowd, a lot of boo's towards raga and fajardo, it was funny listening to crosswaite.

Those monts still have a long way to go.

The best man won!!!

First time we've been to an indoor event and I definitely think it was amazing. There are no doubts that we will be going again.

It has to be agreed that Bou deserved to win as he was an amazing rider. Shame doug and the other mont boys werent still on two strokes as it would have been nice to see them at the top.

Marc Vinco was absolutely brilliant too and a real treat to watch.

All credit to the organisers for a brilliant night. :D

Edited by heatherntim