Milky Oil, Please Advise

nyawton

Hi everyone,

My sherco 290 has been sat idle for a few weeks now, as on my last ride i noticed oil spitting from the vent tube on the left hand side of the engine(not sure the name of this tube). I was advised that the problem is most likley the water pump seal/shaft have worn down letting all the radiator water into the bottom end and mix with the oil, causing it to come out of the vent tube.

I am just wondering what are other peoples thoughts on this, it sounds good to me, but would just like to check before i try to fix this,

Cheers Danny

my 290 does the samething peroidically !!check coolant level before taking the casings off!! mine does this if it hasnt been used for a while. I usually get enginge good and hot then drain oil and refill with new I personally think this is down to condensation in the engine cases, also do you power wash the bike alot cos this can force water past the engine seals. As I say check coolant level first!!!!

Will do, knowing me id take it apart to find there aint owt wrong :) yeah i power wash it after each ride, im always carefull around the exhaust, i do hope it is just condensation

Cheers for the replys

Edited by Nyawton