Soft Smooth Clutch

neo

Hi all,

I had a ride on a brand new Scorpa SY175F last weekend. Brilliant bike, in many respects. But one thing I really did notice was the way the clutch had an unusual movement to it. ;)

When pulling the clutch in, or letting it out, the movement felt dampened (particularly on letting it out). Now my curiosity has got the better of me and I

I had a go on the new scorpa 125 and I think the 125/175 have magura master cylinders. A couple of people agreed with me that it felt too much like it was either in or out,had no feel.

Then again everyone has their own opions on each bike and since the 175 is a 4stroke most people ride them on the throttle anyway and find grip really well on them.

The feel of the clutch on the 125/175 can be DRAMATICALLY improved with a clutch kit that is available from B & J Racing, in Tennessee.

Link: http://www.bjracing.com/ (You won't find it on their website at the moment, but you can get the contact information.

The kit includes new metal discs, with a different machining on the surface, and new clutch plates with a different friction material and pattern. These change the way the oil is captured between the discs and plates.

Also, since the clutch is running in the engine oil, picking up combustion deposits etc., the feel of the clutch is VERY MUCH effected by the age and condition of the oil. I find that frequent oil changes keep the clutch working at it's best.