Hello from Cornwall

Mickeyg

Hi Guys and Girls 

It’s all starting to come together slowly, tank has now been cleaned and repaired and repainted and also frame has been cleaned and deep marks removed and repainted as I want to keep this as a used restoration no concourse.I think it’s doing it justice 

F3B86B62-3A91-4663-8FC2-725A6E6D2393.jpeg

6BDA180C-1AFA-4B61-A95A-90A03E549C57.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 6/27/2020 at 11:13 PM, Mickeyg said:

Hi Guys and Girls 

It’s all starting to come together slowly, tank has now been cleaned and repaired and repainted and also frame has been cleaned and deep marks removed and repainted as I want to keep this as a used restoration no concourse.I think it’s doing it justice 

F3B86B62-3A91-4663-8FC2-725A6E6D2393.jpeg

6BDA180C-1AFA-4B61-A95A-90A03E549C57.jpeg

That looks fantastic, great job!

Edited by model80

Hi Mickey,

OK... I must've blinked.  I could've sworn you just got that bike... and you're already further along with your restoration than I, after several months (maybe a year?... I hope not!), with mine!  Looks beautiful!

Question... have you internally sealed your tank?  If not, definitely do so.  And don't cheap out when you do.  I moved along an m85 Alpina a little over a year ago that had nearly perfect original tank paint. It hadn't been sealed and, immediately after the first pour (despite knowing better, I might add), it sprang a couple of leaks.  So I picked up some Caswell Tank Sealer, applied half the sealant - thinking I could split the contents to coat two different tanks.  Long story short... I somehow missed one of the leak points in my application... and you can guess the rest.  Won't be making that mistake again moving forward!  So definitely protect that beautiful paint if you already haven't!

Keep up the great work.  Looking forward to seeing her when you're finished - which, at your rate, should be pretty darn quick!

Cheers -

Christian

• 1 month later...
On 7/4/2020 at 4:06 PM, vintagenut said:

Hi Mickey,

OK... I must've blinked.  I could've sworn you just got that bike... and you're already further along with your restoration than I, after several months (maybe a year?... I hope not!), with mine!  Looks beautiful!

Question... have you internally sealed your tank?  If not, definitely do so.  And don't cheap out when you do.  I moved along an m85 Alpina a little over a year ago that had nearly perfect original tank paint. It hadn't been sealed and, immediately after the first pour (despite knowing better, I might add), it sprang a couple of leaks.  So I picked up some Caswell Tank Sealer, applied half the sealant - thinking I could split the contents to coat two different tanks.  Long story short... I somehow missed one of the leak points in my application... and you can guess the rest.  Won't be making that mistake again moving forward!  So definitely protect that beautiful paint if you already haven't!

Keep up the great work.  Looking forward to seeing her when you're finished - which, at your rate, should be pretty darn quick!

Cheers -

Christian

Hi Christian 

Tank was sealed with caswell,as I wasn’t sure of integrity etc.nearly all done now just waiting for front pipe to turn up so I can mock up exhaust system etc.then sort out carb settings etc and hopefully get some time to play on her

E36194BB-F015-453D-9517-044EDF2CD5C1.jpeg

• Like 3