Txt pro clutch overhaul

DJB

Hi. I am trying to improve the clutch I’m my sons 2012 txt pro. 
I have measured the clutch plate pack thickness and it is within spec.  So I am going to replace the master cylinder and seals in the slave. Can anyone confirm that I need a mineral fluid master cylinder and seals. 
also if I have the thicker metal clutch cover gasket would this make a difference in clutch operation. ( being thicker than the paper gaskets) thanks in advance. 

862024EF-B636-4374-B730-8A8246EFB6AC.jpeg

3416D667-2D86-4AAB-8492-DA3041E1EC4B.jpeg

It may help if you could describe what it is that you want to improve. It is mineral oil, the gasket material will not effect the operation or feel of the clutch, but I have found that the best measure for the operation of the clutch is between the end of the fingers to the hub, which if memory serves should be around 17.5mm. Less than this, or more than this results in softer or harder lever feel, with the possibility of slipping or dragging.

Spencer

• Like 1

Yes, you need a mineral clutch master kit. The slave piston seals are teflon coated O rings, just assemble these paying meticulous attention to keeping everything ultra clean. You may find that the problem is just with the clutch master, try this first as after replacing the master kit, it is easy to bleed as the system tends to self bleed with use of the clutch lever. Bye, Peter B.