Pro crank fit to RH case

eddie1

I've fitted the new, inbuilt seal, main bearings into the crank cases and they fitted in no problem by freezing the bearings and heating the cases. My question is how do I fit the crank in the rh case without damaging the o ring type seal inbuilt to the inner race?  I can't help thinking that the splines will rip or cut these as I push the crank through. Wrapping the spines with tape did not work as there does not seem to be enough clearance. Perhaps this seal does not matter on the RH side because the main seal will do a good enough job?  It's a real shame that Jim's videos covering the pro have all disappeared. I know he did one specially covering these bearings. Any pointers? 

Use the same process. Put the crank in the freezer for a bit, and warm the case half in the oven. Then some grease on the inner face of the bearing and O ring, and it will slip straight in. No need to use tape or anything else. 

• Thanks 1