1998 tx320 jetting

Dazza320

Hi guys, new to trails bikes and new to trailscentral so I will be popping up often asking lots of questions, I have just purchased a 1998 tx320, not in bad condition but needs the basic maintenance, pulled the dellorto carby down, jetting is as follows

Main jet 122

Pilot jet 50

Needle x18 clip 1

Slide 45

Can anybody confirm this is the factory jetting

The usual carbs fitted to GG trials bikes have mostly been DellOrto PHBL26, during 1996-1998 GG fitted PHBH26, which I thought never performed as well as the usual carb, particularly when riding over different altitudes, plus they have a dual stage pilot jet that is prone to blocking. Anyway, with your carb, the standard jets are as follows: Needle X19 clip 3rd slot from top, I think I ran mine at 2nd from bottom - or maybe this is the same notch.

Slide 45

Main 122

Needle jet (Emulsor) 269

Pilot 50

They used to run a bit rich so very likely a 118 main is worth a try, if this is the case. Bye, Peter B.

Thankyou for the response Pete, looks like mine is pretty close to factory settings, it's 34 degrees Celsius here in Brisbane Australia so I'm guessing it's slightly rich, I've had good success leaning out bikes my switching to E10 petrol

G'day Dazza, a balmy 26C here. E10 is 10% ethanol isn't it? I am pretty sure that using ethanol in 2T motors is not the best as the ethanol (alcohol) attacks the seal elastomers in the engines, have yours been ok with this fuel over a long period? It may just be a problem with our E10 fuel over here in NZ. Those 320/321 models go really well with a Keihin PWK28. Bye, Peter B.