Diaphragm Clutch

breagh1

Any cheats for making these lighter? It's a 2017 125 .

The clutch is newish with a 1mm pressure plate instead of the 1.5 mm I think, anyway it's got the thinner plate already .

Being Scottish I don't want to replace the clutch.

Running synthetic ATF if it makes any difference.

Cheers.           .

I had a '17 125 SC and the clutch pull was very stiff. The 1mm spring was standard on the '17 125. I traded for a '18 125 Factory and pull was better, but not great. The following year when the '19 models came out, dealer swapped '19 parts in and has worked a treat. Contact Nigel Birkett at Scorpa UK/Birkett Motosport.

HI nhuskys the clutch was new when I got it late 19 though it could have been old stock, I'm pretty sure you're right a new one would cure it but I'm pretty mean.

It went totally against the grain but I've given it a right roasting probably about a years worth of wear in 10 mins and I think that's going to do the trick though I wouldn't recommend it. 

It's certainly much lighter so as long as it doesn't slip it'll do.

I'll see how Junior gets on at tomorrows Trial !

Nice to hear from you. 

• Like 2

Well that was always the classic Gas Gas fix.  The '19 clutch parts are a different part number, so if the clutch parts were replaced it's likely they used "correct" '17 part numbers. Good luck to your son!