Top shock mounting hole elongated

fairlie

After changing all the rear linkage bushes and shock bushes on Beta Evo 290  I have a bit of play after the first ride .

Looking closer it seems the shock mounting hole on the frame has elongated or worn due to years of hammering . A tighten up cures it but that only lasts as long as the first few rocks .

My initial thought is to ream the mounting lugs on the frame out and bush it . There is a fair bit of beef on the frame lugs . 

Looking on ebay I can see 10mm OD , 8mm ID steel bushes - would it be best done in steel or alloy like the frame ?

Has anyone done this or is there a recognised fix ? 

Thanks .

What I'd do is get a steel bushing and make sure it can't rotate in the frame (with Loctite red or something), and then use a bit of grease on the inside so that the bushing takes any abuse from the bolt rotating rather than the frame (though if you have new shock bushings it shouldn't once there's no play).  Make sure the centre of your reaming is where the original location was or your bike will be lowered :P