Pit Stop,lynne?

mrpip

just about to go for a saturday ride in the rain here in sunny so.cal. which brings memories flooding back of riding trials at pitstop near chertsey as a young youth.i first learnt to ride a motorbike at pitstop,on the oval learner track next to the mx track.think i spent the whole first day in first gear,convinced i would never need to learn to shift!

anyone remember riding trials there on saturdays? i'm pretty sure that was my first exposure to trials,must've been around '77.

trying to reminisce those days is pretty hard over here,so i'd love to hear anyones memories of that place.

pip.

oh well,guess i'm either too old or too far south for most of the visitors here. :)

howsabout Slyfield? anyone remember those trials in the 80's? i think this was a rare chance for us shandy drinkers to ride some rocks.if i recall though i think it was just a pile of rubble!close enough :hyper:

If you mean the place on the corner of the M25 and M3 its still there and used by a youth MX club.

The little oval is still there and my son did a few wobbly laps there a few years back.

Its also next to a sewage works and across the road from a recycling centre so the place gets a bit smelly :)

Mick

yep,that's the place.

do they still have a trials area on the lower level.probably not.it pretty much only consisted of a few dirt banks with trees and a big concrete bunker which only the studs of the day could get on top of!

can't believe the "first gear oval" is still in use.good memories.i'll have to check it out next time i'm over.thanks mick.

pip.

aha,busted by legs!! :P

is this the infamous DR as in "used to run a tea and biccy shop diguised as a trials business"?

reveal yourself legs.... LEGS???.....short and skinny if i recall! :blink: