TRP shock and carb vent line questions on Evo 4t

wardo78

Hello All,

I am working on freshening up my 2020 Evo 300 4t for the coming season and I have two questions at this point. 1- I bought a TRP shock to and am wondering if it matters which way I orient it? It looks like shaft up gives easier access to adjusters, but print on the shock indicates shaft down. I searched the web and people seem to do both. 2- My bike tends to dribble gas out of the carb vent lines when I am riding rough terrain. I don't relish getting gas in the streams, etc.  The float level is to spec, and it still happens. I remember running vent lines up and over the carb in the past, and I am wondering if this would help, although I imagine it might defeat the venting. Another thought I had was to run the line into a capture tank where it could just evaporate from. Thoughts on both of these?

Thanks,

Ward

Regarding the carb issue, I seem to remember two things that might apply. There was a siphoning issue with some 2T vent lines. I'm not sure it applies to 4Ts but it's worth searching the Beta forum just in case. They also mention an adjustment that limits float travel. I'm aware that the 4t has a different carb but it might something to look at as it can cause the float needle to stick.

2 hours ago, stevec said:

Regarding the carb issue, I seem to remember two things that might apply. There was a siphoning issue with some 2T vent lines. I'm not sure it applies to 4Ts but it's worth searching the Beta forum just in case. They also mention an adjustment that limits float travel. I'm aware that the 4t has a different carb but it might something to look at as it can cause the float needle to stick.

Thanks Steve, I'll look into those two.

Ward