Honda Rtl 250

endo kid

I have been offered a Honda rtl 250 i am not sure what year it is but it is red,white,blue with disc brakes.It is in fair condition and the engine runs and sounds perfect.Before i decide to buy it i was wondering if anybody with some knowledge about these bikes would know roughley how much i should pay for it(I know alot of parts are obsolete but all it realy needs is a respray which i can do myself as i was a paint sprayer for 18 years)I have seen these bikes being advertised for three thousand pounds plus but the one i have been offered is far less.

Thanks in advance for any hep

To be honest i prefered riding the TLR despite being a twin shock.I always found the RTL a bit odd (well crap then). Dont remember many decent lads liking them much, with the obvious exception of the astonishing success Saunders had. Seem to remember John Shirt jr had one for a few weeks though. Didnt Mart Lampkin have a one off ride on one, maybe Scottish one year?

Mart rode an RTL supplied by Colin Appleyards in the 1988 SSDT. Double disc bike, he came 12th overall, riding number 61

Did that John, and I was fairly close to him, you will know what number I was :) it was very entertaining to say the least.

The one that I have told a few times we hapened to be walking up either 'Sleubhaich' or 'Stob Coire Eirghe', don't know which the ones in the gully as opposed to the water.

Any how as we were watching, a rather enthusiastic attempt by one 'Clubman' rider giving it rather large on the old throttle control, he dissapeared passed us at some rate of knots, he had already had enough dabs too win loads of money in a sponsored walk, and way out of what I would consider control.

Shouldn't critisise really, as my attemt later wasn't much better.

Then all of a sudden, he was in wheelie mode exiting left out of the gulley, arms at full stretch, at that point he let go of his bike fell back into the gulley and did a few flick-flacks before ending in the biggest heap.

Right as he was doing his gymnastics, his bike had done a full 180 degrees and started going back down the hill, god knows how it stayed upright for so long, nearly taking a few riders out that were riding up to the group of sections, quite amazed at this bike going backwards on the course without a rider.

So there it was this guy in a big heap in some pain, his bike nearly back on Mamore Road and deathly silence, until Martin pipes up..................

''WELL THERE IS NO WAY I'M TAKING THAT BL**DY LINE''

Laugh... he had everyone in stiches, even the poor rider

Edited by GIZZA5