Seeley Honda For Sale

slapshot 3

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi All, i am not sure who cut the loop off my old seeley, but the frame was un-altered apart from that, the rear arms were not pointed up above standard.

I do have lots more honda stuff for sale Tlr 200 engine, Tl 125 engine, full set of lights speedo and cable from a TLR 200 E... and another original seeley, I am moving away from honda's and concentrating on my fantic 240 that i ride every week, the Honda's just cant take the strain!

remember a bike is for life..not just for xmas :blink:

I have to say, it doen't look too bad in the flesh. And yes, I am the lucky guy who gets to ride the Seeley from ebay! Scrumpyjack, I think you came down yesterday to my Dad's place in Woodcote? Really looking forward to riding it, should suit my style more than a 2-stroke.

I do have some questions though. What colour are the frames originally? What sort of bracket did they have holding the front mudguard on originally? Is the RSC logo on the exhausts I see on other pics a cover that goews over the end, or is it the exhaust itself? An finally, what are the original stickers for the tank/the sidepanel bits (I know its all one, but how else to describe it!) and are they still available?

Any answers would be wonderful, as would any history of the bikes in general!

I do feel very lucky to be able to ride a machine like that, and probably the closest I will ever get to a works Honda!

Thanks in advance (I hope!) for any answers/info!

Pete.

Hi Pete, the frame's original colour is red, the original exhaust was made from mild steel with RSC embosed, but because they either rusted away or got dented and broke, people took them off and replaced them with alloy ones that simply sound much better as well, i do have an original exhaust but it has been repaired right over the RSC ! The front mudguard stay's also were easily damaged, but you should be able to make a better one more like the original quite easily, there are people that sometimes sell the stickers for the seeley on ebay, they are a great bike and i am sure it will be far better than your TLR 200, the power is smoother.

I bought the bike from a friend who had it sat in his garage for years! i never rode it.. if you really get into Honda's look out for a golner TLR they are also very good !!

I have been having a good clearout of my garage and have found a tank+seat unit for a seeley so i will be listing everything Honda on ebay soon..

I hope this helps and i would like to see a pic of the bike when you have it up to spec...polished etc, i will send a couple of pics to your dad aswell.

Alan :-)

Excellent, thank you very much! Have only had a quick look since it was snowing when Dad picked me up from school, but he did say he had ridden it up and down the road. Started it up for me, and very impressed with the way it went - a slight tap on the kickstart was all it needed!

Can't wait to see how it rides, and with everything polished it should look a treat!

Have loved the twinshock Honda's since I rode my 1st bike, an old TLM50. The red/blue with white edges combined with the shape of the tank and the seat etc, makes them in my mind some of the best looking bikes ever. Coupled with their wonderful rideability they are very near perfect, except parts are so hard to find! I believe the Seeley is based on an XL180 and bits are a bit easier to source?

Thanks again, and very much looking forward to the first 'outing'.

Pete.

So what are the best mudguards for the Seeley and where can I get a pair from?

I suppose anything would look better than the white universals on at the moment, but it would be nice to get something close to the originals.

Keep those Honda pics coming!

Yes but they cant import anymore seeley's because there were only 300 in the first place!!.. and they were made in this country,, as more collectors are buying seeley's they will continue to go up in value while the TLR will come down in price..!! Anyone can go and buy a TLR but how many seeley's do you see??... a wise man would grab a seeley before they double in price..enough said.

the seeley seller: Alan

ps: that was my last seeley so dont ask :angry: