Seeley Honda For Sale

slapshot 3

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I once put a wanted ad in the old bike mart, SEELEY TL200E Wanted or non runner.I had a call from a chap in essex,said he had a mint example, never seen the dirt. Said he used to show it on colin seeleys stand. He told me that the whole project was a complete loss to mr seeley, the motor cost

They were a lovely little bike, just a little too ready to spit and stop if you wern't carefull. And the clutch a bit fierce even with the arm extended.I always thought the frame to be in 531 tube (there is a sticker that confirms it on a new bike). When i refurbished my 1st Seeley i was dismayed when i stripped the paint off the frame,to find it was seamed tubing- obviously not 531. So i got on the phone to Mr Seeley, who simply said "where is the sticker?" I replied "on the swinging arm". It turned out that only the s/arm is 531.

[by the way, I never treat my motorcycles as "assets" or money, I just like motorcycles! ]

i agree(d) on that, but fact is that nowadays you have to pass the people that think in those terms, and pay silly prices if you need parts.