What shocks for 61 tiger cub scrambler?

Theguyonthe_left

As I said in the title I’m looking to upgrade the shocks on my 61 tiger cub. I’ve seen tons of trials builds on tiger cubs and they look great, but I’m not too interested in doing trials (nowhere even near me to do them). I don’t know an insane amount about bikes, just enough to keep mine running, but what weight shocks would I need for a bike that I rip around on trails every other weekend with? I used to spend a lot of time doing motocross and just want something that I can do similar things with, I already have a heavy weight fork but I’ve seen trials suspension be only 40-50 pounds while some motocross shocks hit 70. So what do you guys think?

tl;dr I want to build my tiger cub into a bit of a trail bike, what weight shocks would that require and do y’all have any suggestions?

Rock Shocks & Falcons are generally considered good for pre65 trials but I think you'd need something a bit firmer/heavy duty if you're going to do more mx type riding on it. I'd recommend Hagons, I've got them on my '58 Triumph trials bike and although I may change them because they're a bit firm for trials I do think they'd be prefect on a scrambler. Tony at Hagons is super helpful, if you give him a ring and tell him the type of riding you'll be doing and how heavy you are he'll be able to advise you on what spring type you need and build a set specifically for you.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, rich500 said:

Rock Shocks & Falcons are generally considered good for pre65 trials but I think you'd need something a bit firmer/heavy duty if you're going to do more mx type riding on it. I'd recommend Hagons, I've got them on my '58 Triumph trials bike and although I may change them because they're a bit firm for trials I do think they'd be prefect on a scrambler. Tony at Hagons is super helpful, if you give him a ring and tell him the type of riding you'll be doing and how heavy you are he'll be able to advise you on what spring type you need and build a set specifically for you.

Thanks for the tip! In my search I’ve seen those floating around, just a bit harder to find parts like this in the states but I’ve only heard good things about Hagon so I’ll give them a shout

• Like 1