Snapped Kick Start

munch

my mate snapped his kick start off sun,at the shoulder . he was told a few have done this? 04 2.9

If it's the thin one, tell him to contact Rathmell. He will replace it under warranty. They are on "trial".

I spoke to Malcolm a while ago. I had a few questions about my 04 290 when I bought it, like why did mine have a different shocker to what the spec sheets said.

Anyway the answer to my scrawny kickstart was that they were under test and would be replaced under warranty if they snap.

What was the reply on the shocker?

All the documentation says that the shocker should be an Olle.

It's actually a Sachs. It just turned out that the spec sheets are wrong. I noticed the German web site lists it correctly. The larger machines used Sachs while the smaller ones used Olle.

The Sherco 125 Academy also uses the Sachs now (one of the upgrades made due to the 16 year olds having to ride them in Championship rounds).

no it was a FAT one :(  . ive got a 2.5 and a 2.9 one has fat one thin  :o 

both 04 both olle shocks  :huh:

Had to check myself - just to make sure.

Definitely told by Rathmell that the 250 and 290 were Sachs, and I checked at the time and the German web site confirmed this:

Oll