road legal junk on new 300 txt racing

robson

Have you asked the dealer why they included this junk (I agree it is junk)?  It is impossible to find it anywhere on the Gas-Gas website or on their YouTube channel or anywhere else I have looked (I am very bored at work today).  I think it must be some sort of optional extra.  Indicators are particularly stupid.  If you look at the latest parts catalogue for any other make you cannot buy the indicators as they do not exist.  Photos of the new bikes awaiting shipping all show the same standard setup with a little LED light front and back.  Beta offer an optional electric horn (I bought one to get the MOT) but it is not standard.

I answered your question one post back.   You only see final product, but dealer gets road version in a box and have to prep for you?

I saved some money to do this myself, and that's fine I learnt about the bike while putting it apart but the logic here is just crazy, like all in EU actually. 

Hey thanks for the photo, as I'm in the middle of removing this stuff from my new-to-me 2007 TXT250.  It looks like the wiring harness (from the headlight area that passes through the frame steering head and down along the frame, past the carb on the way to the rear brake switch and speedo sensor) can be removed.  Did you need to cut a larger harness (that bundles with the ignition wires)?  Does any hardware hold the CDI/ignition coil in, or is it just crammed into the steering head area?  Mine seems really tightly packed and after 15 years is reluctant to move.  TIA

Edited by PapaWheelie

50 minutes ago, PapaWheelie said:

Hey thanks for the photo, as I'm in the middle of removing this stuff from my new-to-me 2007 TXT250.  It looks like the wiring harness (from the headlight area that passes through the frame steering head and down along the frame, past the carb on the way to the rear brake switch and speedo sensor) can be removed.  Did you need to cut a larger harness (that bundles with the ignition wires)?  Does any hardware hold the CDI/ignition coil in, or is it just crammed into the steering head area?  Mine seems really tightly packed and after 15 years is reluctant to move.  TIA

no, didn't need to cut anything, harness to ignition, CDI etc is separate. As I remember they're screw in to the frame under the top of the tank.  

• 1 year later...

3 hours ago, Davie said:

Where does the speed sensor connect to on a 21 model 280 txt racing 

It's part of the optional homologation kit.   Rear wheel brake disc requires a magnet bolted to one of the 4 bolts holding the disc on, the sensor mounts on the brake bracket so as to pass in close proximity to the magnet.  Kit includes a slightly longer screw to mount the magnet.

Edited by lemur
sensor should have read magnet