Model 84 Crankshaft

Loyal1975

Hey folks. I have a model 84 lobito 175 that I'm rebuilding. The engine was seized from water intrusion and the crank and rod are in terrible shape. The rod will barely even move on the crank. Do any of you know if there is an interchangeable crank and rod that I can use? Thanks

Hi ,, don’t know everything ,, I have few Bultaco’s ,, so my 2 cents , a pursang 125 I have had a small crankshaft it has 6 bolt head 1970 ish , have rare Sherpa 80 100 cc  sure it  has small crank has 4 bolt head like , Lobito some models ,  , think you would need to pull out crank and compare to average 250 , say pursang , or early Alpina     Say relative 1970 ish ,   Check rod Bering size measure Bering surfaces , or go to a  professional repair shop  with crankshaft ,,  O just for idea ,,,,,find a runner engine ,,,, p.s. I suspect the top end was off , exposed weather , can be a real mess ,,  I purchased a engine in past , sat exposed cold , the trans gears were , a little rusty to , cheers 2

Edited by larry s. k.
Word add 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/15/2023 at 12:00 PM, Loyal1975 said:

Hey folks. I have a model 84 lobito 175 that I'm rebuilding. The engine was seized from water intrusion and the crank and rod are in terrible shape. The rod will barely even move on the crank. Do any of you know if there is an interchangeable crank and rod that I can use? Thanks

Even heavily corroded crankshaft halves can usually be returned to serviceable condition by an engine re-conditioner and rod kits are readily available

• Thanks 1