Looking For An Easy Ride.

stan

I have a 300 Raga rep, but I find it to tiring to ride for more than an hour at a time ( too old and too fat) so I am looking for a twinshock, which I think would suit me better. I noticed a 325 sherpa on ebay (4617232738). I dont know much about them so any advice would be helpfull, e.g. would that be suitable, Im 6`2 and 16 stone. Also is the price reasonable

I am old and heavy too and ride both twinshock and modern and do find that when practicing, I get tired faster on the modern bike.

I suspect that riding the modern bike is only more tiring because I tend to practice ride on terrain that is more severe. On a twinshock I can ride for hours mainly because the type of riding is less physical.

For any given trial though, riding the same lines for the same number of laps, the modern bike is less tiring than a twinshock, no matter how good it is (and SWMs are very good) to complete the trial. The ergonomics, light weight, light controls and being able to leave the engine running all day make the modern bike easier when everything else is the same.

I hope this helps

Thanks for the info Billy T, but the numbers permanently engaged!.Dave M thanks for your P.M. but cant make it tommorrow. Did you used to live in charlton lane and drive an hillman imp. If you did I knew you quite well back in the 70s.

• 3 weeks later...

If you want to drive an old bike, i think you have to look for a Honda TLR.

There 4 on ebay now.

If you want to know why, look at the honda section on this forum.

But one of the reasons is the light and good working clutch, just needs a few millimeters between lock and unlock, and it needs not much power of your fingers.

After 5 years GasGas ( 2000 txt280 and 2003TXT280Pro)its a very plesant expirience.

Regards from an also old and fat person. :D:):D:blush: