Hi guys & girls ..

DodgyD

Hi , my name is dave ...no thats over with..thanks for the add , new to the trials game useally a supermoto guy..

Iv just bought a gasser JTR250 ( 96 ) ..hopeing there ok always wanted a trials since watching kickstart as a kid ..so slowly making it my own as you do , found ( dont know if this is the right section to mention this , sorry admin if not ) , but some guy before me has cut the wires from headlight / back light / lcd clock )..no idea why ..i have took tank cover off to look into & i have cross threaded the cover holding bolt no its stuffed ..as any of you guys any ideas as to where i can get a replacement please ..thanks very much & nice to meet you all 

Screenshot_20230713_231659_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20230705_230239_Facebook.jpg

They're decent enough bikes, a little heavy by modern standards but good for learning.  You might have problems finding some spares.

The wires were probably cut so the bike could just have a plate for a competitor number up front, most people in the UK don't run lights on their bikes because you can get a "daylight MOT" (or they're never registered at all, and only used on private land).

As for the thread, if the nut is molded into the cover (don't know, never had one of these myself) the best thing would be to get a helicoil fitted.

Anywho, welcome to the forum and I hope you get lots of enjoyment out of your bike :)

Well, you don't need the speedo for the MOT or for riding trials, lol

Don't be too eager to get another bike, you can learn a lot on this one!  As for what next, that depends on what type of riding you want to do - I went from a modern bike (that I had for a year) to twinshocks, you might want to go the other way, and the choice might be dictated by where you are.  Best to just get riding time in and make decisions later ;)

• Like 1