Trials On Speed Chanel Tonight

martin belair

That was great coverage! Nice interviews of Chris and Tommi. Greg White did an excellent job of tying the training he received to his riding elsewhere and the fun he was having being out there on the trials bike. Lots of footage of him running about on the bike running through the basic turning maneuvers and a basic section set on a slope in the trees. At the end he said was buying a trials bike--did he? Good plugs in there for the TTC, too.

Good--but brief--video of Chris, Tommi, David, and Ray riding over some slick rocks, up a steep hill with some zaps. Chris did a pretty awesome splatter...the kicker was a long, long way from the rock he was jumping up onto--that was evident even on the TV. Ray's instruction was very succinct and his camera presence was excellent, too.

Yes, apparently Tommi is a two-time World Trails Champion, but that was probably missed by most folks. Thumbs-up to Speed, the TTC, and whoever else made it all happen. Pretty cool.

Mike

Two Wheel Tuesday on Speed at 10:30 eastern time  will have trials from the TTC staring:

Chris Florin, David Chaves, Tommi Ahvala  and Ray Peters.

Spread the word. That means you Gernhardt. :huh:

Martin Belair

US Montesa

I dropped the ball on this one, Martin, Sorry.

I will do a much better job when the show gets re-peated!

By the way, doesn't this year seem like the most anticipated competition in recent memory?

KUDOS to TTC for getting this to happen ... Very well done and hopefully will make some interest in some new arenas .. any door that opens could not hurt .. I personally love the new crosstrainers .. they see what a value a trials bike is .. they feel that trials bikes are priced to low for the technology involved .. when was the last time we heard that ...hey Martin....Any way awsome Job RAY , Tommi, Chris and David and of course Greg .. and all the TTC staff

Beta USA :huh:

I talked with Greg White today and thanked him for the great job he did on the trials segment. He tells me that they will have more stuff on trials in future shows, and I know that they have plenty of footage from TTC that was not used. I pushed him while they were here to get a trials guy "in the garage" on a future show, and he says they are working to do that, maybe with Tommi. I think we'll get some good coverage of the nationals this year. Producer Brad Jones also told me they'll do some more segments on trials and come back to TTC, as they all seemed to enjoy themselves here. It doesn't hurt that we're pretty close by, the producers are in Atlanta and the show films in Charlotte.

And Greg did seem sincere about getting a bike. He actually catches on quite fast, I think he could be pretty good if he practiced.

dan

• 2 weeks later...

WE've GOT TO FIND OUT REPEAT DATE...

I have been on a mission, along with my father to make video's available to loan to prospective riders... now that a lot of my friends who liked MX, or just "thumping" around on enduros are getting older, I think the appeal of trials is something I couldn't get most to consider in the past, they seem at least interested...

I really think we need to figure out a way to put a Trials "TV schedule" up on the 'homepage' here, and attempt to discover repeat dates... I can help as I search all the time for I support Microsoft products, I know where to search for that stuff, where would I search for Speed's or 2wheel Tuesday stuff?

If there are any suggestions on how to find out what episode # and what was aired and when it might be re-aired even if at 3 am, or whatever... problem seems to me with speed & Dish at least there is little info on what the episode is or when it will re air easily found, definitely nothing in the "guide"... :D

------------------

***Get IE spell*** http://www.iespell.com/download.php

ieSpell is not spyware or adware. It is free for personal use only.

Sting, send me an address & I'll make a vhs copy to send you. I have it saved on Tivo. Normally, 2-wheel Tuesday repeats only on Wed. AM after airing on Tuesday night. As it is generally a news show, they don't repeat it weeks or months later like those chopper shows.

Dan Brown

ttcrides@att.net

• 2 weeks later...

I sent you email Dbown,

Offered to pay you for the cassette or return ship a new one I have?

I guesss you never got it?

email me from here, the emails work ok from the link provided by TC.

thanks

got to reinstall that IEspell here at home LOL