Sherco 50 Breather

ktmsprocket

Right hand crankcase above the oil drain screws is your breather, brass fitting sticking straight up.

Many folks capped this for a while,,, that blows out the countershaft sprocket seal.... (or so I heard :chairfall: )

I fabricated an aluminum vent line that ran up into the headstock area on several. It would connect with a short length of tube on to the fitting, run up into the headstock area, then another short length of tubing to run a circle and point back down, this prevented water / condensation going direct into the gearbox.

I will send you an e-mail describing some of this that may answer a couple more of your questions, I hope before you know them yourself.

Thanks Alan....Although we don't get much rain here....when we do...there is ALOT!!! We grab the opportunity to play with the bikes in it...and of course, I spotted that that breather hole will suck in mud and water the engine os hot and submerged (ie. air cools and contracts).

Thanks for your help as always.