Hooser1956

Hooser1956

Afternoon all, new to Trials,  old dog ahrma guy like 28/30 years.  Retired police man and deputy sheriff OREGON and Calif.  I’ve been working trials for ooo 20 years.  I help my friends set courses in the PNW, flag sections when available.  I’m a VMX racer at heart, my backs trashed,  two hips replaced, spines rebuilt, theirs more, trying not to depress myself.  

anyways the good stuff.  I own a few Trials bikes, all twin shock.  

1976 TL125 Honda “ stock”

1976 TL 150 Honda in a Mic Andrews “ Tall Boy Frame swing arm and triple clamp. 

1975/6 TY 175 Yamaha I’m rebuilding.  

1986? Honda 200 TLR,  with much cool guy kit on it already. Purchased last week in Reno Nv.

got my eye on another TL 125 and a 250 Honda

19? Yamaha 350 mono.

my close friend Pete Fisher of Power Roll fames, guiding me thru the Honda builds, the Yamaha pretty much what I read.  

anyways always enjoyed visiting with the Trials family at our Ahrma events,  I’ve promoted a few over the years, am currently working with the town Of Lakeview OREGON to promote a triple event weekend.  We did the event two years ago,  CC thru old growth forests,  crossed 16 creeks, or the same creek 16 times.  Some high desert, the Trials was right up the center of a running creek.  Elevations 5900 ft.

im told the lads enjoyed the weekend,  it rained Sunday hard, so I had to call the VMX,  I just didn’t want my old fart friends getting hurt. 

I’ve been reading here seeking advice on common sense upgrades to these bikes.  Lots of knowledge here, I appreciate all of yours, contributions.  A lot to be learned.

my real name is Dirk Williams.  And I’m in Klamath Falls OREGON 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1