Leamington Victory Mcc

HI all,

I'm wanting to do the Leamington Victory trial at Catesby on March 19th.

Trouble is that there is no Phone number in the T&MX regs.

so, I then tried to ring the club secretary..(number found in the ACU book)...and his number must have changed, 'cause I was told it was the wrong number. ;)

Can anyone help????? (who I can contact etc?)

Got to sort it soon, because the entries close this weekend.

thanks in advance for any help :D

I am riding in this one, it's always a good event. Although I must admit I am only on the wobbler route riding as an over40.

It's a round of the midland centre championship, to see who the main players are so far this year, you can access the championship table at;

http://www.midlandcentreacu.org.uk./page15.html

There are a number of 'Young guns' out to take Mark Hickens crown on the A route. Look out for Shaun Fox, Ben Sprigg and Richard Evans.

The main question on the B route is; can anyone beat reigning Over40 champion Clive Charleton?

Even a silly stall at section one in the first round did little damage to his championship hopes, Clive clawed it back to beat almost everyone despite his shakey start.

For those who enjoy an easier ride, I believe there is also a non Championship C route available.

Hi folks, What sort of going will we riding on at this trial? Do you have them rock things? ;)

Ohh yes there is a rock! Just the one, we ride over it in every trial held at this venue.

The farm where it is being held is large and gives plenty of scope for variations of steep grass bank sections, there is also a deep wooded gulley with a stream in the bottom, but this hasn't been used the last few times I've ridden there.

Regardless of the terrain you can rely on the Leamington Victory Club to set out an excellent trial.

Also look out for their 100 section :D charity trial at the same venue later in the year!

Entry is down a little this year only 48. Come on folks, this is an excellent trial, the A route is a challenge but the B route is a damn good ride around.

Well worth the effort, anyone who turns up on the day will just have to ride for no championship points.

I rode in the O-40 class which is on the middle route, but lost a stack of marks on the first lap.

I only dropped nine on the second lap but by then the damage was done.

Fived the section at the waterfall both times. Did anyone manage to clean that one at all?

A very well organised event. Two laps of twenty is always a pleasure.

Yep ;) cleaned that section on the first lap, but got a one on the second lap.

I must say though, that I probably only cleaned it, because I was 'shown the way' having seen Oliver Wareing ride it.

WOW,,,,he rode it SO nice, smooth, just brilliant...some of that magic must have rubbed off on me for the first lap....my second lap however was a different story!!!!!!!

great trial..look forward to the next one there

Yep ;) cleaned that section on the first lap, but got a one on the second lap.

I must say though, that I probably only cleaned it, because I was 'shown the way' having seen Oliver Wareing ride it.

WOW,,,,he rode it SO nice, smooth, just brilliant...some of that magic must have rubbed off on me for the first lap....my second lap however was a different story!!!!!!!

great trial..look forward to the next one there

Well done,anything better than two 'fives' was a good ride on that one.

How many do you think you lost in all? I must have finished on at least 30. :-(

Mmmmmm, Id rather not think about that :)

on my first lap I THINK I only got about 6, which is very good for me, but then I threw it all away, and I have no idea what I got on the second lap, but it would have been in the twenties maybe? :blush:

Still enjoyed it though, just frustrating, 'cause its taking me a long time to get used to riding in the UK, and after my first lap I thought I was finally getting somewhere.