I found out why my 1992 Gas Gas GT25 Contact trials bike had no spark and this is what I did to fix it.

Layne

I finally found out why my 1992 Gas Gas GT25 Contact trials bike had no spark and this is what I did to fix it. First I bought a new spark plug and tested it, still no spark. I unhooked the kill switch thinking it may be shorted out somewhere, nope still no spark. I took the coil off and tested it with a Multimeter and the coil tested ok but the spark plug boot was all over the place on the multimeter so I replaced the boot with a new one. Still no spark at plug, but I'm getting hopeful. I had help from this web site and my earlier post from Lineaway, Lemur and Tr1al who told me to go to thehellteam.com. Paul Arnott from thehellteam.com helped me get a wiring diagram and part number for the Motoplat ignition black box, (part no. M02812100) for my bike. He had me look on an Italian web site Enduro Puro in Italy and they seemed to have parts but I couldn't read Italian. I ended up finding ONE on ebay and I immediately bought it, and they shipped it to me from Hanover, Germany. I paid about $180 for it with the shipping and all but it was well worth it. When I got it in the mail I went out to my garage and hooked it up to my Gas Gas. I had cleaned all the connections and hooked up all the wires and then it was time to try for spark again. This time I had a good spark, finally YES ! I put on all the plastic and called up my friend who wanted to buy it, we put in some gas and after 4 kicks it fired right up. He gave me the money for the bike yesterday and with him living close by he said I can come over any time and ride it etc. I was happy with him buying it because I know he will take good care of it. I bought this bike brand new in 1993, so I've had this bike for 30 years. I'm glad I sold this to a friend who I know will take care of it. Because this bike is like a very good friend to me as I'm sure a lot of you already know. I'm glad it will be close by in case I want to visit it. So that's how I got it to have spark and run again.    Layne Reedy

old spark plug boot.jpg

coil.jpg

Below the front gas tank mounting bolt. This is where my Motoplat ignition box was found - w words.jpg

Motoplat ignition part no. M02812100.jpg

Multimeter -.jpg

• Like 4