2005 Gas Gas txt 250 Pro

PatMc

Evening All 

Recently bought a 2005 Gas Gas txt 250 pro.After a few rides about on it I’ve encountered some issues. 
It starts and runs fine but when it’s anyway warm and the engine stops it will , under no circumstances start again. 
At first I thought it was a coil pack , I replaced it with a new one and the issue is still there unfortunately. I fear it may be the stator at fault .
It’s worth noting it’s using a Kokusan stator. 
Anybody on here had anything similar issues , any help or pointers will be genuinely appreciated.

Thanks all 

Regards 

Pat Mc

4 minutes ago, PatMc said:

Evening All 

Recently bought a 2005 Gas Gas txt 250 pro.After a few rides about on it I’ve encountered some issues. 
It starts and runs fine but when it’s anyway warm and the engine stops it will , under no circumstances start again. 
At first I thought it was a coil pack , I replaced it with a new one and the issue is still there unfortunately. I fear it may be the stator at fault .
It’s worth noting it’s using a Kokusan stator. 
Anybody on here had anything similar issues , any help or pointers will be genuinely appreciated.

Thanks all 

Regards 

Pat Mc

@PatMc Take the plug out and check its condition then clean it with a fine wire brush like you would use for cleaning suede shoes and blow it clean ,  make sure you get in the gap between the insulator and the part that is threaded on the outer surface. make sure the gap is 0.6 and the plug is a BPR5ES or Champion etc equivalent or a NGK Iridium BPR5 EIX. If the bike starts after you clean it and it was black in colour dry or wetish then you are probably running too rich a mix  as in more fuel to air than the usual 14.7 ish  air  to 1 part fuel ratio  This causes the plug to foul  and your spark will be poor. If you have a Dellorto PHBL 26 BS carburettor  then the fuel screw should be approximately 3 turns out from lightly closed by turning clockwise., turning anti clockwise adds fuel. check your pilot/slow jet and your main jet size are the recommended ones for your local  weather conditions and elevation relative to sea level . Also make sure your filter is clean and not over oiled. Clean all electrical connectors and tighten bolts that have earth connectors. check wiring where it has crimped connectors etc. Take off the rubber plug cap by screwing it anti clockwise and check the condition of the coarse screw thread in the rubber plug cap and the core wire in the thick black HT cable that comes from the coil is able to make good contact with the plug cap core. 

27 minutes ago, PatMc said:

Thank you so so much for that info. I’m not hugely mechanically minded so there’s a not of info in that that should help . 
I’ll post on this thread how I fair out . 
Again thank you  

Regards 

PatMc

When the motor is hot and it will not start try using choke with NO throttle , if it does not start within 3 kicks then abandon that as it will just wet the plug and render it impossible to start . It is worth a try It used to work on my GasGas PRO of around that era when it would not start when hot. Good Luck.