2007 evo 80 bearings

Robzx9r

Evening all i am setting up a evo80 big wheel for my son and having trouble finding wheel bearings and swing arm bearings. All the ads are for 09 onwards for the evo. Has anyone else had this problem

46 minutes ago, Robzx9r said:

Evening all i am setting up a evo80 big wheel for my son and having trouble finding wheel bearings and swing arm bearings. All the ads are for 09 onwards for the evo. Has anyone else had this problem

Hello, bearings usually have the size code stamped or lazer etched into the outer edge unless they are super cheapo ones. If you remove them you can check them to see if they have any on them.

Edited by Tr1AL

To determine the bearing size measure the bearing in mm and select the correct type; deep grove roller bearing for wheels or needle bearing for swing arm or taper bearing for steering head.  Walk into your most local bearing supply store or farm tractor type dealer with an old bearing and it is rarely a problem to source one.  Very few motorcycles use something really special in the chassis. 

• Like 1