New to forum Sy250 parts info etc

st2boy

Bearings are something you can walk into a local bearing specialty store and buy locally and alternatively there is a company called Jitsie you need to familiarize yourself with.   32 years with no trials bikes must have been terrible!

Hi thanks for the reply ,I would go to local supplier ,but all that is left of bearings are the outer race so the no way of iding them.

It wasn't so bad I have road bikes too and don't a lot of touring.

Thanks again I will take measurements and work it out.

Still easy, bearings that are used in the wheels and suspension are nothing special, measuring the dimensions in mm of the destroyed bearings and the part that rides in them is sufficient to arrive at a bearing number, or you can reference the bearing size from a service manual, or search for a web site that has decent trials bike parts listings.  Buying twice as many bearings as you need right now is never a bad idea, that way you won't have problem identifying or sourcing them next time.  I buy 6004 wheel bearings 6 or 8 at a time because they don't last very long and that is the more expensive units.  Price and quality of the wheel bearings varies greatly, same as fork seals you can buy cheap ones that are near garbage for the application or buy expensive ones that are just barely good enough.  Cheap roller bearings typically have fewer balls and or less accurate clearance tolerance.  

Trials bike is an exercise machine compared to riding a street bike, you are going to rediscover muscles that you haven't used in decades and investing in a good trials helmet, trials boots and back protector will improve your riding experience greatly.

Thanks All for the advice,yes I have worked out they are hk2030 but to be honest the bearing and seal kit from SJ trials is not bad at£45 buying separately was only going to be a saving of a tenner.found the workshop manual and parts book at helltrials .yes I have been in touch with scorpasalive sound bloke.

Thanks All and keep yer feet on the pegs noo

Edited by st2boy

Lemurs thanks for the sage advice , been 32 years since I last done club trial  and it sure is a workout especially on the bikes back then  rode ossa mar , fantic 240 , 301 and beta tr34.And yes these modern bikes are like an exercise bike or BMX with an engine.

keep yer feet up and come up here to Scotland and ride the Six day trial ,that will make the bones ache.

Edited by st2boy
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, st2boy said:

keep yer feet up and come up here to Scotland and ride the Six day trial ,that will make the bones ache.

Several of my friends have done the SSDT but they are younger highly skilled riders with deeper pockets 😎 my bones ache just thinking about it.