(sawn) Off Bemrose

...it was an experience

On the way to the first section I though "this must be what miserable days at the Scottish are like". By the time I got to the first section I couldn't feel any of the fingers of my throttle hand..(still, they'd thawed out by the 2nd section), and I was thinking of perhaps only doing the first loop...I was also wondering how we'd get up some of the hills (as this course route is same as some of Dave Rowland Trial), and indeed home back along that track in the car+trailer if the snow got really heavy.

The decision was made guilt-free for me by the organisers (wisely)cancelling the event after the first loop of 8 (or was it 9?) sections

I have to give them credit- a) to the signing off bloke at the start who heroically stood with no hat or gloves...starting the whole field and :angry: to the Secretary of the event for giving it a go, hell, those Met guys have been known to get it wrong.

Hope the weather's better for the Cleveland next week!

Ditto

Yes it was bad, and yes we have had it equally as bad in Scotland.

Very dificult decission for the organisers, and I think in their hearts they would have liked to cancel it before the first rider went out, however I suppose they had to take into account that some peole had travelled quite a long way and all the effort made to mark the course and organise the observers.

Some riders loaded there bikes up before they even started, thinking it was best to get out before it got too bad. It was a bit tricky getting back out onto the main roads, but I think it would have been a whole lot worse later on.

So good decission, by the organisers and from a riders perspective sorry the course could not have been completed after so much effort by yourselves. The few observers we saw were putting on a brave face, so thankyou.

Roll on next year

When I got home, not a flake of snow and quite a pleasant afternoon. My neighbour said ''isn't it nice to see Spring breaking through'' :angry::P

He did look at me a bit strange when I burst out laughing, I did explain :D:D

Yep, shame weather was so crappy, but on the road up to the last group we did i could'nt even find traction to ride on the tarmac!! Good decision in the end as you could see someone coming off and getting bust up a bit, probably me....

When i got near home is was like a spring day as well.. :angry: felt like going praccying. Watched a few trials dvd's to get it out of my system, :P Had to duck and dive a bit as misses wanted some diy doing as i'm back early. Hyperthermia, frostbite, snowblindness etc. Ah well next year.

I totally agree with the organisers decision to cut the event short. However, I have to say I REALLY enjoyed the first few sections!! Although it was like riding on ice (in the sections as well as the roads!). Once again many thanks to all the hard work put in by everyone involved.

It was a shame for those guys who had travelled some distance but at least we rode 9 sections!!

Got up this morning at 4.30 to set off only to be greeted with 5" of snow and no roads cleared as even the snow plough was stuck down the road.Shame for the organisers after all the effort that goes into setting out an event.Hope it all goes away for our classic trial on sunday.