EPure Race clutch issues

Hello everyone,

I purchased a new 2023 EPure Race trails bike about a month ago. This is my first trails bike so I am pretty excited about it. Last week I rode the bike with zero mechanical issues. A few days later, I rode the bike again, but this time as soon as I gave it throttle the clutch was slipping, and it was very apparent. The slightest incline, causes the bike to struggle and I can just hear the motor wind up but very little power. I have ridden dirt bikes, all my life, but are new to trials. I have not been beating on the bike hard or popping clutch at high RPMs a lot. I do the occasional clutch pop getting over down trees but that’s about it. I checked the oil window on the side of the case and it appears to be a bluish greenish color. It’s not milky or dirty at all. Right now I’m at a struggle. The closest dealership is a 14+ hour round-trip and I would ultimately have 30 hours of drive time to drop the bike off and pick the bike back up. Typically warranty repairs are not smooth so I really don’t want to waste all that time if possible. I guess I’m hoping someone else has had a similar issue That was an easy fix that I can perform myself. Not sure if there is something easily adjustable on the clutch that could have gotten out of wack. It’s just concerning that It literally started with no warning or noticeable reason of damage.

Any helpful advice would be appreciated. I live in Nashville Tennessee. 

10 hours ago, Jcolegrove08 said:

Hello everyone,

I purchased a new 2023 EPure Race trails bike about a month ago. This is my first trails bike so I am pretty excited about it. Last week I rode the bike with zero mechanical issues. A few days later, I rode the bike again, but this time as soon as I gave it throttle the clutch was slipping, and it was very apparent. The slightest incline, causes the bike to struggle and I can just hear the motor wind up but very little power. I have ridden dirt bikes, all my life, but are new to trials. I have not been beating on the bike hard or popping clutch at high RPMs a lot. I do the occasional clutch pop getting over down trees but that’s about it. I checked the oil window on the side of the case and it appears to be a bluish greenish color. It’s not milky or dirty at all. Right now I’m at a struggle. The closest dealership is a 14+ hour round-trip and I would ultimately have 30 hours of drive time to drop the bike off and pick the bike back up. Typically warranty repairs are not smooth so I really don’t want to waste all that time if possible. I guess I’m hoping someone else has had a similar issue That was an easy fix that I can perform myself. Not sure if there is something easily adjustable on the clutch that could have gotten out of wack. It’s just concerning that It literally started with no warning or noticeable reason of damage.

Any helpful advice would be appreciated. I live in Nashville Tennessee. 

Have you contacted the EM rep in the U.S., maybe the place to start?

1 minute ago, Ktrial said:

Have you contacted the EM rep in the U.S., maybe the place to start?

I did reach out to EM and spoke with Mark Berg Owner/operator. He basically said sorry about your luck and to take it to a dealer for warranty repairs. I understand, but as history has served me any warranty work I have had performed on my toys has never gone smooth or really worked out in my favor to begin with.. they always find a reason why it’s not under warranty.. I’m just trying to avoid driving two 14 hour rounds trips if this issue is something that could easily be handled at home. I honestly don’t really care about the warranty and just want to have my bike running like it’s suppose to be. I’m going to spend a bunch of money in fuel and my time in my work life is valuable. I’m hoping this is a “known “ issue that has a fix. 

or possibly someone within a 2 hour radius from Nashville that is willing to help diagnose problem. 

but you are 100% correct I did contact EM first. 

Hi.

i had a similar experience today, 

crazy part is the c clip popped off the axle next to the front cog.

Looks like the inside of the engine also moved slightly, working it out with the dealer right now. 
bike has been ridden 6 times only.

so maybe check for the c clip