Hey up

Evening.

I'm Kevin and new to the forum.

Quite long in the tooth now but enjoy getting out on my KTM on the local lanes around Llangollen.

Having always fancied a trails bike, especially in my youth when funds were too tight, its now or never.

Heart is saying a TY175 or Fantic ( could never afford one when they were new), head says something modern for the reliability?.

There is a pay per day wooded area near me so that would be a good place to start and hopefully try some easy events - twin shock event for newbies could scratch an itch and improve my laning skills to boot?

Whatever I buy, I'm hoping to buy from a fellow enthusiast and not from bay of e etc.

Look forward to your advice.

Kev

You can readily ride a twin shock in a normal trial, and generally you can also ride a modern bike in a classic trial (though many clubs have a minimum age for the rider). If you're starting off on the easy route, you'll find it's the same severity on both types of trial.

I think you need to be an old-bike fan to have a twin-shock or pre-65. Otherwise you just find yourself wishing for something better/newer/more modern. I had a twin-shock for a short while because it seemed the sensible thing to do as I was riding mainly classic club's trials. I quickly changed back to a modern.