Need Help With Brakes

goffracing

ron i would love to have that caliper from you if still have it just let me know how you want payment etc.. i have a paypal account if that will help. also im very new to riding trials im not very good at it i have wanted to do it for years but never really had access to it until i finally got my beta and its really fun to ride and im hoping it will help me with my woods riding for sure. and i would like to try competing in trials also and i would like to go to the stra events i just have to see if it will work with family stuff.. also im up for riding just let me know so far the only place i have ridden is in my yard and at the back of my neighborhood... also thanks for all the advice about the brakes i changed the pads and that helped but not nearly good enough so im sure interested in the caliper and i will check the back brakes tomorrow.

Golfracing,

I rode a 96 Techno for several years. It is a great bike, but the brakes are a real problem. No matter what you do, the stock brakes will only ever be marginal.

After a couple of years, I added a 4 piston caliper to the front and an oversized rotor to the rear. That solved the problem. The front was a bolt on. The rear was more involves as it required modifications to the caliper mounting.

I live in west Georgia. What part of Alabama are you in?

Are you planning on making the STRA event at the TTC on the 23?

Best people to talk to about Beta parts is Beta USA. They will have all of your parts in stock.

In case you have any interest, I kept the 4 piston caliper when I sold my Techno. It has been sitting on my work bench for 4 years. I planned on keeping it for a rainy day, but I would sell it for $50.

SirHC's post about the rear rotor not completely covering the rear pads is important. You must occasionally remove the ridge that forms on the pads.

Post back and maybe we can get together for a ride sometime.

Ron Milam