4rt Valves

wardo

Having searched the forum, I haven't found much mention of valve adjustments. Having owned a Honda CRF 250R, thats all anyone talked about. So on your 4rt how often are you adjusting the valves, and how much out have you been? As for myself, I am due for an adjustment and would like to know what to expect.

Regards,

Wardo

305 views and no responses, what gives, is this top-secret info? Maybe I was unclear, I am interested for my 4rt, or maybe it's all been hashed out before and I can't find the link, if so please assist a wayward traveler....

Wardo

Edited by wardo

While I do not ride the number of events you Brits do I am in contact with a number of riders who have ridden over 100 events plus practice with the 05 4rt. Last year I rode only 10 events. Using the suggested inspection intervals neither those who have a lot of time on the engines nor myself have had to adjust the valves. This does not mean one should automatically assume that they don't have to be checked and adjusted as necessary. If you follow the maintenance schedule in the manual and check the valves at the indicated intervals you will be assured that your particular engine is always running correctly. Don't assume other's experience is a telling factor. Each engine is slightly different and regular maintenance will assure a long trouble-free life. :wall:

Thanks for the responses, the results are as I expected. I agree that the far lower revs are a significant factor in valve clearance issues, my 4rt isn't likely to hit 14,000 rpm unles I ride it off the top of Everest in first gear.... Still I'll check mine this week, for a feeler gauge I have one of the Motion Pro's made for tight spaces.

Regards,

Ward