Which Model

jetset

Being new to trials can anyone tell me the main differences between the techno and the Rev 3, opinions on which is best etc?

Beta seem to be good value and reliable from what I can gather. When I get my Pinky rebuilt and some practise in I fancy getting a modern bike and am drawn toward the Beta's.Would be looking to spend a grand, probably have to sell Pinky as space and funds won't allow both!

Not in any rush to buy so if you can give me some pointers and things to look for I can have a look around.

Having had a few techno's, mainly the later ones and then 2 rev 3's id definately go for the rev 3 if you can. Quite a bit lighter, better suspension and mine were super reliable. Airbox is better on the later rev 3's but with some sealant and a lot of patience early ones can be made pretty much as good.

Definately go for a Rev3....I wouldnt discount the 02 model either...(specially since I have one for sale!! :) )...but seriously, I've had absolutely NO problems with mine...esp. with airbox!!!..only thing better about the 03 airbox is that you can access the filter quicker...(about 20 seconds quicker)...which isnt much of a big deal really is it guys!

Hey stu i see your selling the REV, you going to start useing that Aprilia instead :) I had rip on an 06 rev 3 yesterday ,it seemed to suit my crap riding style better than the scorpa does. I feel a bike change coming on :)

Hi Pitley...

yep..Im selling it, and might for a little while be on the Aprilia..hopefully not TOO long though..then Im gonna try and upgrade to an 05..(with a little loan from the parents!!..lucky me eh!)..untill I start that new job.

SO:..if you fancy an 02 one, get yer wallet out :) ....they are of course much better than the 06 ones!!!!!!! :):beer:

thats a very good point r2w..I definately wouldnt go for the Rev with upside down forks..but any after that would be OK I reckon...specially the 02 one!!!!!!! :) ...ahem..like mine which is for sale

If you find a REALLY good techno they are probably still very competetive in the right hands

hi i would deffenetly get a new rev 3 as they are the newer modles,they are a really nice bike, i would get the newest one you can get as they will be easier to get parts for etc thanks affie

No offence but this doesnt make a lot of sense. The betas are all pretty similar and most parts fit other bikes. A little used 02 is better than a nackered 03 isnt it?? Me and stu both have 02's for sale and they both appear to be in better condition than the doggish 03's on ebay etc

Yeah, and i just got a 2001 blue 270, better looking and in better condition than any 03 models i saw!!! If i cant buy bits easily for a 5 year old beta i will chuck it..

In my opinion it doesnt always follow that the newest bike of any given model is best but condition is more important than age.

S.M.