Smashed Clutch Cover

rocketron

Used Belzona two pack metal filler.

Wash the casing in de greaser first, clean up the edges of the crack with a file or sand paper and apply.

Put it on as somooth as possible as it takes some serious sanding to flat it down once it has set.

I've even used Belzona on a race bike after crashing at the TT, to build up a brocken lug on a magnezium engine casing. It sets so hard that you can drill and tap it with a thread.

Hi,Guess what? I managed to get the Carb Woes all sorted out thanks to the site here. Have gone back to 80:1 premix and bike is going great.Too great in fact as I managed to launch it down some rocks and dented the clutch cover on Sunday.It was quite nasty as it also broke one of the studs off the clutch hub.The casing wasnt badly damaged and only slight oil seepage rather than leakage.The clutch is repaired now (new clutch hub) and i am about to repair the casing (new ones are

Scorpa 3,I have used two kinds to patch cases we have some stuff over here in the states called JB weld works real well,or have used the the stick stuff that you kneed together.Sand it down a bit and a little silver paint and your good to go.JR

Yep,it was Birkett's who gave me the price for new one! Second hand ones from a TYZ are as rare as hen's teeth! Have repaired the original now.Dont know whether to leave the battle scar or try and repaint the whole thing....

Ta for help

R