Things I Agree With Mich On....

alan bechard

Alan,

This forum thing does provide for imput for possible proposals to NATC reps.

I also realize you are playing "Devil's Advocate" and making good points here.

I will point out a couple of things here that I do want to make sure are understood and I have tried to point out at some point.

1- The current crop of top kids that include kids like Pat Smage and Cody Webb do not want to ride 1.25's. Ask them! (not sure Cody's age now but I seem to recall Pat still being 15 or near 16)

2- A 1.25 class would need to basically start out as a "fun" class for all, untill things matured, that atracted riders!

3- It would be a long road to getting a 1.25 Pro class that had people committed to WTC competition without "Olympic" type support! We here do good to put together a TDN team as it seems! Ask Mich what it costs to go ride a Euro event, I think he has recent knowledge with Deb.

If you examine these things closely, you may wonder if even with the best of intent, anything would ever mature! But without it we may never know!

Anyway, on to more important things, I have two questions, one stupid, one not, you figure out which is which.

1- Alan, are you bringing a blender to the cabin?

2-Trialsurfer, why don't you just send Chris to Europe for the summers?

Just my thoughts.

I need a beer now! My brain hurts!

I hope you guys figure out all the worlds problems!

Speaking of gas prices, Al, do you think them blokes would pay in US$ for a blenderbender?

Cheers,

MC

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No blender,,,,

Does that cactus juice settle?

Oh, and I agree that it provides input for the proposals, part of why I lik to keep these discusion's going, even if I do not agree, I will almost certainly learn something.

I guess more accurately what I mean to say, is as a probably too general statement, the folks making the decisions in NATC do not regularly read these boards.

You bring the blender, I may have found a spring for a bit of mountain water.

Edited by Alan Bechard

Al,

Unlike that stuff you guys have, that Mexican Cactus Juice is still safe around electrical appliances and cooking equipment and will not melt the blender bowl.

You just need to mix it up with some ice and suck it down with a straw on a hot day so you are sure to get a good BRAIN FREEZE to go along with the buzz!

Will your's run in a Diesel Too? Does it clean fuel injectors?

B):D:P:D:P:wall:

Flash is a little to low to run in a diesel,,,,,

Heard it works just fine in a gas engine though, Chevy is even coming out with a whole line of cars to support it :wall:

It will clean my injectors I am sure.

Heck, I think my Apple Juice cleaned Kinnel's clock last time we were together B) But I was told to bring more,,, and let them run around town in my truck... :D

Of course Ish sat there looking at us going :D daft buggers.....

Man I am looking forward to seeing everyone.

Al,

If we could get Hanna to drive, we could all wait till after dark, throw them all in the back of a pick-up and take um around to some of the local hot spots!

I seem to recall a really nice bar outside of Jasper towards Rankin Cove. Im aimost sure we could bring everyone in and get back out in one piece, with a little of that DUKES OF HAZARD crap in the driveway thrown in! Back before midnite! Trial Riders er'tough you know!

:D

Sting, I agree with you and Super Hunk that its tough for top riders. Always has been, maybe always will be. Yes the payback is shocking for a Supercross event. Isn't that clearchanel, not the AMA who provides the purse?

Riding a motorcycle for a living is no differnt than any other job. It is governed by the law of supply and demand. When RC and Bubba who the croud comes to see will show up for that amount of $$$$CASH$$$$$$, that's what clear channel the owners of supercross pay.

Think of it like this, if your in a building project. The bids for material are a certain price, would you pay more? Likewise if labor is bid at a particular price, would you pay more?

Supercross is no differnt, they are charged one amount to rent the stadium, another for the track, then a purse for the riders. When all contracts are completed at that price, would you pay more?

That logic could also be taken to the US trials world round coming up! The riders get NOTHING! Who makes money off this? The promoters! Seems to me the Supercross riders have a better deal than Raga, Fugi and Dougie.

As long as the riders are willing to ride at those high standards for that price, they will be paid exactly what they are now. Remember motorcycle riding is fun to some people and the idea of getting paid to do it actually offends some people.