Thoughts On The 315

terry

I realized the other night that I have had a '98 Montesa. '98 GG and an '01 Beta. The GG and Beta are gone but I still have the Montesa. The other bikes ALWAYS needed something done to them. The GG steering stem broke twice, head gasket(o-ring really) blew and coolant flooded the cylinder, Dog bone linkage bearings failed, gas cap broke, rear wheel bearings failed, air box leaked and fork seals blew. The Beta fork seals blew twice, the foot peg mounting bracket bent, the rear brake caliper mount bent, the carb siphoned all the fuel into the cylider and flooded the crank case, air box leaked, shift lever broke, rear brake caliper started sticking and the exhaust mount broke. The Montesa.........well I have regularly changed the oil, replaced the plug annually, oiled the chain and replaced the tires. I have replaced 4 broken rear spokes but I now have a dozen of them in the tool box. I think I will get another one, hard to mess up a well designed and reliable bike and I ride the Montesa better that the other two, which isn't saying much. Sure wish I hadn't bought that bike for my son!!